Monday, June 25, 2007

Why Finland? And why a (another) blog?

Looking and reading blogs of friends around and all over the world, every now and then I wonder maybe I should start my own too. Now that when Juhannus is just over, I thought maybe I can realise a resolution. Who says a resolution always has to begin with a New Year?

Then about what I should write about?
What more natural a topic than Finland - Suomi?
True, there are blogs about Finland already, by foreigners also. Just check out for instance www.finlandforthought.net and hopohopo.finnishschool.com.

As a foreigner, I have lived in this country for 14 years now.
During all these years here, meeting and talking with friends and people from different countries, different professions, social backgrounds, interest group, religions, etc. it seems to me there is always something new to talk about life in this country. Things that I have thought that are so common and known, often exist as new and surprises for other people. Differences between Finns and foreigners can even be bigger.

So, here we go.

No comments: